- In a blow to an internationally facilitated resolution in Afghanistan, Pakistan will not attend a conference in Bonn in protest over the NATO airstrike that killed 24. However, so far this hasn't impacted the anticipated U.S. drawdown in the country which will remove 40,000 soldiers by the end of 2012.
- Al-Shabab has banned several NGOs and aid groups, putting thousands of refugees at risk if they can't get the supplies they need to survive.
- The "pilots" of the 21st century.
- The Malaysian government has passed a ban on street protests.
- Newt Gingrich has taken a big lead over his GOP rivals in recent polling in South Carolina, where a recent poll shows he has over twice the support of Romney or Cain. Of course, Cain has other issues as his studiously uninformed approach to foreign policy is immediately followed by accusations of a 13 year affair, which is alleged to have ended just as Cain's presidential campaign began.
- All I want for Christmas is for Congress to help the unemployed out. Tell you what, in the spirit of giving let's help the states out too.