- Moktada al-Sadr reappeared in Iraq, but for how long and for what reason people aren't sure.
- Nobel prize winner Muhammad Younis is under fire from the Bangladeshi government and there are concerns he could be removed from his leadership role with Grameen Bank.
- Robert Gibbs is stepping down as Press Secretary in early February, which is part of a broader staff shuffle at the White House.
- The United Nations reports a sharp rise in food prices, but the situation isn't as dire as the number would suggest for now.
- An investment unit inside Goldman Sachs declined to get in on the Facebook deal, in part due to the implied valuation of the company.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
The Short List
Posted by Jason at 9:00 AM