- Questions of security emerge in the aftermath of the Moscow bombing. The Washington Post has a graphic of the attack location, in an area of nearly every international airport is lightly policed.
- Lebanon has elected Najib Miqati,
a member of Hezbolaha member of the Harakat Majd and the March 8 Alliance, to lead the government. Some protests have broken out.
- President Obama gives his State of the Union Address tonight. It's widely perceived as the most important policy speech of his presidency so far.
- The British economy contracted .5% in the final quarter of 2010.
- The Economist briefly considers the rising tide of pain states will experience in the face of budget crises.