- The United States stepped up its intervention in Yemen, using combined drone and conventional air assets to strike a police station overrun by militants in Abyan province--the nature of this operation would indicate the drones were regular U.S. military and not CIA operated. At the same time, different militants ambushed a government convoy near Taiz.
- U.S. recognition of the Libyan rebels inches closer as the so-called Contact Group acknowledges the Transitional National Council as the legitimate representative of the Libya. Libyan rebels briefly lost control of Qwalish, Wednesday, but retook it by overwhelming Qaddafi's troops, demonstrating new found ability to coordinate and stand-and-fight.
- McConnell and Reid are working on a debt ceiling plan of their own. Meanwhile, last night, the President gave everyone 24-36 hours to figure it out.
- Cain doubles down on anti-Muslim bigotry.
- Corn for ethanol overtakes corn for food.
Programming Note -- as one Editor travels for a few days, your other Editor is faced with the grim reality of the bar exam. He will likely not be posting over the next two weeks.