- 58% of Americans believe that space exploration is essential. This, on the eve of U.S. manned spaceflight's death.
- Hama, a Syrian city famous for a brutal crackdown nearly 30 years ago, has reportedly slipped out of the Syrian government's control.
- Moody's downgraded Portugal.
- A potential deal in Yemen that would allow Saleh to retain power has been torpedoed. Saleh has yet to return to Yemen since his flight to Saudi Arabia last month.
- Qaddafi sort of offered to give up power today. Obviously his grip on power is weakening, while his grip on reality remains about as strong as ever.
- Sarah Huckabee is on the ground in Iowa for Pawlenty.
- VP Biden now tweets--or at least, a staffer tweets in his guise.