- In Syria, a bomb has gone off outside a government security building in Aleppo. The government blames "terrorists" while the opposition movement says the government set the blast themselves. In Homs, the entire city is besieged by tanks according to opposition forces and they believe the government is "determined to conquer the opposition neighborhoods" almost certainly by force.
- The Pakistani Supreme Court has dismissed an appeal by PM Gilani who is facing charges of contempt for refusing to reopen a corruption investigation into President Zardari.
- Greeks launched a two day general strike in protest of the proposed austerity measures the Greek government has pursued as part of an international monetary bailout.
- There are reports this morning that President Obama will accommodate the protests of religiously affiliated healthcare providers and insurers that would have required them to make birth control available to women free of charge.
- Dear Gov. Romney, please pander more and use smaller words. The rank and file can't connect with you. Thanks, The GOP Establishment.
- Even as the Nuclear Regulatory Commission approves the construction of two new reactors in Georgia, groups are threatening to sue to stop the projects from even starting.