- Iran claims to be finishing gleaning data from the US drone they captured last week. In other drone news Ben has published just this morning an article about flying drones and losing hearts and minds.
- As the U.S. forces continue to leave Iraq, Prime Minister Maliki will meet with President Obama at the White House today to try and better define the "post-war" relationship with Iraq.
- Syrians (a few of them) go to the polls today for local elections, but protests and violence continue.
- Pakistan has decided to continue the ban on NATO supply trucks through the country, though presumably armed militants are free to pass.
- British PM Cameron will go to Parliament (best described here) today to explain his veto of the proposed changes to the EU's Lisbon treaty.
- Several inmates in a Yemeni jail, including several Al Qaeda figures, have tunneled out.
- The GOP candidates debated again over the weekend, Romney made a bet, Newt's a winner, but neither would beat Obama in South Carolina right now.
- Speaking of Obama, he spoke with 60 Minutes, had a great boat analogy.
- Congress is quietly working to keep the government running. Oh that that didn't sound so absurd.