- A bombing in Kabul at a Shiite shrine has left at least 54 dead.
- The drone that's currently in Iran's possession belongs to the CIA and hosts sensitive technology.
- In Kinshasa, the mood is tense as the results in the recent election there are set to be released.
- The head of Hezbollah made a rare public appearance in Beirut.
- Democrats have scaled back the payroll tax extension, but still insist that a payroll tax for almost all Americans be paid by a small surtax on the small group of Americans making over $1 million dollars a year. Republicans have balked at the trade off. ** Editorial Note: This is the big philosophical divide playing out. On the one hand, Democrats want to give families that are struggling a break, but they want to pay for it so their asking millionaires to pay a bit more. Republicans feel like any tax increase is bad.**
- Obama's deployment of the National Guard to the US-Mexico border, a drastic increase in ground forces despite GOP nominee statements, has led to the capture of over 25,000 illegal immigrants, but has cost $160 million. That breaks out to $6,271 per each person captured and many are wondering if it's worth the price tag.
- Gingrich is the clear front runner in Iowa, and The Fix says Romney has an Iowa problem, but that wasn't a state Romney was ever going to push to hard in. If he falls behind in New Hampshire then he'll have problems. In the meantime he can be comforted by the money of billionaires.