- For the first time, researchers at NASA's Ames Research Center have found a planet in the middle of the habitable zone. The researchers believe the surface temperature of the planet to be about 70F but the planet's composition is currently unknown.
- Iran has placed the IRGC on alert as tensions between the West and Iran rise, even as the U.S. tries to pour cold water on the idea of a strike against Iranian nuclear facilities.
- S&P placed 15 Eurozone countries--including France and Germany--on negative watch.
- Sectarian violence persists in Iraq.
- Several articles have appeared in recent days discussing the constant presence of Israeli drones over Gaza -- the drones are attended by a loud, constant buzzing sound.
- The US drone lost over Iran may not have been downed by a cyber attack.
- The Postal Service, yet laboring under an artificial, Congressionally imposed deficit, will slow service and cut 28,000 jobs. Ridiculous. Only ideologues would purposely break a profitable entity and force it to reduce services to actually make it ineffective (rendering a myth a reality). Reminds me a bit of FEMA under Browny, or the whole federal regulatory apparatus under the Bush administration.
- Mike Gundy is an idiot. Oklahoma State barely beat A&M (A&M of course was beaten by Arkansas, which was trounced by LSU)-- there's not a chance in hell OSU could beat LSU.
- SCOTUS takes an interesting First Amendment suit involving a man who was arrested for berating and touch then-VP Cheney.