- Al-Qaeda is holding hostage a U.S. aid expert; Zawahri consciously links this hostage to both drone strikes and U.S. detention policy.
- The TFG, the fictitious Somali government that bears the imprimatur of the international community, is along with North Korea the most corrupt regime in the world. Well done, all. Other highlights: Iraq is the 8th most corrupt state in the world. See the whole list here.
- The U.N. High Commissioner on Human Rights says Syria is in a civil war. From the reporting I've seen, the violence in Syria does not seem to rise to the level of armed conflict--this seems more rhetorical to me.
- That this resulted in a deadlock is terrifying.
- Ken Cuccinelli will run for Governor of Virginia in 2013.
- Ray Kelly was honored with 2011 Bull Connor Award (h/t GD).
- Apple ditches Carrier IQ.
- The Wall Street Journal carries the opposition research water for the Romney Campaign.