- The UN Human Rights chief is urging the protection of Syrians.
- Gbagbo's lawyer decries his client's treatment, as the former president is transferred to the Hague to face charges at the ICC.
- Camp Victory is returned to the Iraqis.
- The German chancellor has said reforming the EU will take a long time and a renewed commitment for greater integration. It's an interesting position from the head of state who's country has born the brunt of propping up weaker economies.
- I'm dreaming of a white Christmas and a World Cup in Qatar? (bonus question mark)
- Two competing proposals to extend the payroll tax cuts and pay for the loss of revenue failed in the Senate yesterday. Democrats wanted to extend the payroll tax cuts, but put a 3.25% tax on millionaires to make up for lost revenue, while Republicans wanted to freeze the pay of federal employees and cut programs.
- The Senate did pass a $622 defense bill, but it needs reconciled in conference and even then may be vetoed by Obama.
- Herman Cain's star continues to fade as he tells the New Hampshire Union Leader that he did not tell his wife about his relationship with Ginger White, even though Cain was giving Ginger money to cover her bills. He continues to deny a sexual affair. Meanwhile, in the GOP primary, the gloves are coming off.