- Two separate attacks in southern Israel have claimed five lives. The first attack was against a bus and a second involved a roadside bomb where Israel military patrols.
- The UN tribunal that investigated the assassination of Rafiq Hariri is called on Lebanese authorities to move more aggressively to apprehend the suspects named by the tribunal.
- Gang violence in the Pakistani port city of Karachi has claimed 37 lives in the last 24 hours according to media reports.
- Vice President Biden is in China to advance the U.S. relationship with the economy that is poised to overtake our own to be the largest in the world.
- Perry doubts global warming, but as recently as June, Romney said he believed it was real and we are contributing to it. Also, kudos to Philip Rucker, the reporter for that story who says, "There is a broad scientific consensus that greenhouse gas emissions released by human activities such as fossil fuel burning helps account for climate change in recent decades, though this remains a source of fierce political debate within the GOP."
- Michele Bachmann's aides are ultra confrontational toward journalists and have reportedly threatened violence.
- Oh that cheeky Ron Paul, taking a shot a Perry and giving praise to Jon Stewart.