- Russia recognized the NTC. And Qaddafi is believed to be hiding near Bani Wald.
- Syria's equivalent of the attorney general has either resigned or been kidnapped.
- The President moved his jobs address to a joint session of Congress in deference to the Republican debate in South Carolina. This Editor has mixed feeling about this choice because the President will doubtlessly be pilloried by Republicans during that debate -- heck, this Editor can imagine a day when this choice is turned on the President as an example of his weakness/failure to lead or, worse yet, because it conflicts with the first game of the NFL season, an example of his secret anti-Americanism.
- Usually in a case like this, the government asserts the contract branch of the state secrets privilege.
- You can take the boy out of the Naval Observatory, but you can't take the horrific dishonesty out of the boy.
- Bachmann won't play in New Hampshire.