- The Obama administration is pushing for a new Quartet statement to avoid the PLO's bid for statehood at the UN. The Quartet is the ad hoc multilateral working group (consisting of the United States, Russia, the EU, and the UN) that is supposed to be shepherd along the moribund (dead?) peace process. Abbas, in his capacity as Chairman of the PLO, declared his intent to personally deliver Palestine's request for admission to the United Nations.
- NTC fighters were beaten back in Bani Wald today, where there is evidence of Saif's presence. At Sirte, however, NTC fighters reportedly reached the city center.
- Syria: more protests, more bloodshed.
- Politico highlights Bachmann staff concerns about her misstatements. I'm concerned that Politico gives credence to the notion that they're misstatements--as opposed to a willingness on her part to ignore facts, truth, and reality. That is to say, bald face lies.
- A debate over the legal use of force by the United States has been quietly ongoing within the administration. This is an issue of particular interest to this Editor, as he has published on it.