- Adm. Mullen comes out swinging on Pakistan and its role in the stunning (if ineffective) Taliban assault on the U.S. embassy in Kabul earlier this month.
- Yet more reason to not block the PLO's bid for membership in the UN: it's a wedge to break Hamas's grip on Gaza. Lest we forget, there will be Palestinian presidential and parliamentary elections sometime in the next eight months.
- The NTC took Sabha. And Tunisia reports that it has arrested Libya's former PM under Qaddafi.
- The Dutch and the Finns--look at the Finns making all sorts of trouble recently--successfully blocked EU-member states Bulgaria and Romania from admission to the passport-free travel zone.
- A day of videos--h/t Jenny & Nick, respectively:
- There is yet another Republican debate tonight. This Editor trembles at the prospect of what new lows we'll reach tonight in pandering and deception. He further trembles at the idea that this will continue for another three months at least.
- Ah, McCain's campaign '08, the gift of gossip that keeps on giving. I will never forgive you for this, Senator.