- Protesters in Yemeni seized a base belonging to the Yemeni Republican Guard, an elite unit of the Yemen Armed Forces.
- NTC fighters took the Sabha airport, closing in on one of the three main pro-Qaddafi hold-out cities. Those same fighters claim to be hours away from controlling Sabha's city center.
- And the Arab Spring is renewed in Morocco.
- BHO takes it to the GOP, calling spades spades and strikes strikes. Good on ya, Mr. President. DCExile supports this new recognition of political reality and--hopefully--an avoidance of future Lucy and the Football scenarios. Ezra Klein comes rather late to this conclusion; maybe he should start reading DCExile archives.
- As if to prove the point, the GOP is attacking the White House plan as "'[p]itting one group of Americans against another.'" This Editor does not recall the GOP taking that position as they claimed the banner of "Real Americans" who were defined as being 'not Democrats'.
- More Rollins on Bachmann.