- NTC forces closed in on Sirte. Meanwhile, the Syrian Spring looks to be entering an armed phase. And Simon Henderson considers Bahrain after its spring was crushed.
- Putin gets to be President again--I, for one, am shocked (SHOCKED!) that there's gambling in the casino.
- Wangari Maathai, founder of the Green Belt Movement and Nobel Laureate, has died.
- And Saudi women will get the franchise.
- This is just ridiculous--it's the damn Federal Emergency Management Agency, stop holding its budget hostage.
- Judson Phillips of Tea Party Nation has endorsed Newt. I shared a plane (and coach class) with the former Speaker, his wife, and some staffers on my way to Chicago over Labor Day weekend. Ole Newt did not look super upbeat. Phillips, by the way, believes that property ownership as a prerequisite for voting "makes a lot of sense."
- Nate Silver makes the case that Perry is a good bet -- at least for an Intrade buy.
- The inventor of Doritos has died and will be buried with his chips.