- It's been confirmed that the U.S. Air Force is flying reaper drones out of a small civilian air field in Ethiopia to surveil and attack targets inside Somalia.
- Security forces in Tunisia had to fire in the air to disperse protesters, unhappy their favored party had not done better at the polls.
- The UN decided to remove the no-fly zone restrictions over Libya yesterday, despite NTC objections. Meanwhile, reports are emerging that Qaddafi's intelligence chief was injured in custody in what would be a clear violation of international law.
- Flooding continues in Thailand.
- Speaker Boehner says new revenues are a non-starter as he rejects a leaked proposal from the Super Committee Democrats that would have cut the federal deficit by $3 trillion, but included $1.3 trillion in new tax revenue. **How do you negotiate with someone over deficit reduction when seemingly ANY revenue generation is a non-starter?**
- States struggle to cover their Medicaid commitments as federal money drys up.
- New York State struggles with whether to continue to tax millionaires.
- Gov. Rick Perry may bail on some of the future GOP debates.