- Slovakia blew up the global economy.
- The FBI and DEA have disrupted a plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States and simultaneously bomb the Saudi and Israeli embassies. The United States has tied the plot to the Iranian government, particularly the IRGC, and the Treasury Department has already issued additional sanctions.
- After more than five years, the Israeli government has agreed to a prisoner exchange with Hamas for the release of captured IDF soldier Gilad Shalit.
- NTC fighters pushed through Qaddafi-loyalist defenses into Sirte but heavy fighting is ongoing.
- Chris Christie--who has only recently closed the door on a presidential run--endorsed Mitt Romney ahead of tonight's Republican debate in New Hampshire. Yes, there is another Republican debate tonight. DCExile may (or may not) liveblog this one -- we haven't decided yet. Cain is gunning for Mittens. Also, Cain evidently thinks that protesting income inequality is unAmerican. This Editor thinks bad pizza from the Midwest is unAmerican.
- OccupyDC staged protests in the Hart Senate Office building, six were arrested. More than one hundred were arrested overnight in Boston. Mayor Menino was quoted as saying he would not tolerate "civil disobedience," leading this Editor to ask, what would that denizen of greater Boston, Henry David Thoreau, say?
- And Tim Tebow preps to be the starting quarterback in Denver. It's a sad day for this great nation of ours.