- Kenya's progress in its invasion of Somalia has slowed under heavy rains--for those of you keeping score at home, this is the second time one of Somalia's neighbors has invaded the beleaguered failed state in the last five years. A Kenyan delegation made a surprise visit to Mogadishu today to assure the TFG that Kenya does not intend to occupy Somalia. In other Somali news, a car bomb in Mogadishu killed four. This Editor wonders what the ICJ would say about this invasion--do a few kidnappings justify this action as self-defense? Do kidnappings of foreign civilians even rise to the level of an armed attack? If they do, which this Editor doubts, is this invasion proportionate? Under the Congo case, likely not.
- Hey, the world is going to end (again?) on Friday.
- Obama's immigration credentials are further undermined by revelations that, for the third year running, his administration has been responsible for record-setting deportations.
- CBS bemoans the incumbency advantage. Funny, I don't remember anyone whining about the outrageous Mission Accomplished boondoggle.
- Iowa has set its caucus date for January 3, 2012. Four years to the day after the last one.
- As Jason noted, he and I will be live blogging tonight's GOP debate. And Politico gives us 8 things that the GOP should avoid.