- The Syrian armed forces continue to advance northward in that country, as the government continues to crush anti-government protesters. Over 8,000 Syrians have crossed into Turkey, and over 10,000 are waiting at the border.
- Two gunmen attacked a provincial government building in Iraq today, killing at least eight. You can add this to the evidence Ben laid out last night in dismissing T-Paw's "shining example" comment during last night's Republican debate
- The CIA will begin flying armed drones over Yemen targeting members of AQAP.
- Social media erodes risk taking and fills up time for protesters in Iran.
- The House voted yesterday to block the use of U.S. funds to pay for our military involvement in Libya. While the move is seen as more pageantry then policy it is clearly a rebuke for the president.
- The Republican Presidential debate came and went last night. Romney did well. Bachmann exceeded this writers expectations. Pawlenty remains the other guy. Gingrich is an American Idol fan. Chris Cillizza breaks down his winners and losers from the debate.