- Syria's President Assad has blamed the unrest there on vandals and "saboteurs" further proving his disinterest in a constructive political dialogue.
- The effort to coax Taliban leaders to join the Afghan government is showing very limited success(NYT). But don't worry, Afghans are true locavores(NYT).
- EU finance ministers have failed to reach a deal(NYT) to avert a Greek bankruptcy. This will put further pressure on the fragile Greek government.
- As ousted Tunisian President Ben Ali's trial begins(NYT) in abstentia in Tunisia today, he is claiming he was tricked into leaving.
- The SEC is under scrutiny from Congress for a lease they signed for new office space in DC.
- U.S. based companies are pushing for a repatriation tax holiday(NYT) on funds they have outside the country. In such a holiday the regular 35% tax rate would drop to 5.25% for one year.
- Hospitals are looking to lure primary-care physicians into hospitals to work alongside specialists.