- The Taliban has reportedly opened up its Qatar offices to U.S. officials to negotiate, however in their invitation to the U.S. they make no mention of the elected government in Kabul.
- Egypt is holding its third round of elections as the country moves forward to resolution.
- The Arab League may remove observers from Syria as reports of government violence against citizens and protesters continue.
- In South Sudan, tribal conflict has forced many thousands to flee their homes. The UN is working to step in.
- In Libya two armed groups clashed over the detention of members of one of the armed groups.
- It's Iowa caucus day and the Washington Post breaks down the final day of campaigning. Meanwhile, Dan Balz asks if the candidate will shape the party or if it'll be the other way around. And John Huntsman will be lonely in New Hampshire for just a few more hours.
- Another week, another cry for infrastructure investment.
- The minimum wage in Washington state.