- As Jason noted, another Iranian scientist was assassinated today. NPR notes that it was at least the fourth such assassination in two years (and the fifth in five years).
- Today is the ten year anniversary of the opening of Guantanamo Bay (nee Camp X-Ray). Vanity Fair presents an oral history. The anniversary has been marked by a fair amount of nonsense and inaccuracy--unsurprisingly, Marc Thiessen took to the Diane Rehm Show to produce much of it.
- Ranking countries by nuclear security.
- As Jason noted, I was totally wrong about Romney's showing in New Hampshire. What a tremendous night for Republican John Kerry.
- My hopes and dreams for a Newt Gingrich scorned destroying the GOP are unraveling.
- Elizabeth Warren had a huge haul in the fourth quarter.