- Syrian activists complain that government tanks are still occupying cities in violation of the Arab League agreement. Arab League observers seem less relevant by the hour.
- EU agrees to embargo Iranian crude.
- In the wake of last night's Iowa caucuses, Bachmann (5% of caucus attendees) dropped out but Perry (10%) stayed in--despite initial indications that Perry would retreat to Texas to "reassess" and drop out.
- John McCain endorsed Mitt Romney in New Hampshire. This Editor views McCain's endorsement as meaningless in a state Romney is likely to win handedly (and in a newscycle he has no hope of winning: see linked article's title).
- Obama belatedly recess appoints Richard Cordray. Finally.