- According to Afghan officials, Iran is making a move to get closer to Afghanistan in an attempt to marginalize America. Meanwhile, Karzai has endorsed the idea of direct U.S.-Taliban negotiations, though he did manage to take a shot at the U.S. in the process.
- In Pakistan, the Pakistani Taliban claim to have killed 15 soldiers in North Waziristan.
- Activists in Syria claim the government there has staged tranquility for the benefit of the Arab League observers.
- Heavy is the crown for Romney as the field of GOP candidates train their ire on him in the granite state. Oh and Santorum believes there are no Palestinians in the West Bank.
- President Obama will visit the Pentagon today to announce his new strategic vision of the military intended to change the mission of the nation's military in light of a changing world and austere budget environments. Some are concerned this new strategy would make the U.S. incapable of executing two wars at the same time.