- Iran's warning to U.S. ships didn't impact the U.S. military, but has impacted oil prices.
- The U.S. continues to push Myanmar to reform.
- Syria claims the U.S. wants to stoke unrest in that country. Stories like this make Santorum's criticism of Obama's reaction to the 2009 green movement in Iran all the more asinine.
- Armed groups continue to clash in Libya, but they have selected a new chief of the armed forces.
- The Iowa caucus results are in and Romney wins by the skin of his teeth over Santorum. Paul came in third, then Gingrich, Perry, and Bachmann. Let the media story-telling begin: Romney has problems. Santorum has surged. Perry is heading back to
CrawfordAustin. Gingrich is on the attack in New Hampshire. Meanwhile, DCExile might just have to start the countdown clock til the end of the Bachmann campaign.
- Airlines are fighting in court a regulation that will compel them to disclose the full price of tickets, not just the base fare.