- AQI continues to work to restart Iraq's sectarian civil war. Today, bombs targeting Shiites killed 72.
- Slate interviews Mustafa Barghouti on the issue of Palestinian statehood.
- Prosecutors in Egypt are seeking the death penalty for Mubarak.
- Friend of the blog Reza Marashi made an appearance on the Diane Rehm show.
- Qatar owns up to the failings of Arab League monitors in Syria.
- President Obama announced his vision for a less expensive defense posture.
- Rick Santorum is drawing large crowds and media attention in New Hampshire. He has moved to up to third place in one New Hampshire poll (although he still lags some 30 points behind Romney) and his fundraising is at an all time high.
- Romney's campaign suffers blowback on the weak McCain endorsement rally that we noted yesterday.